Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Engineer

During all the building of the deck, there has been something of a surplus of scrap wood around, and during one of the many hours spend on this project, Bryce decided to build something of his own. He kept asking for nails and screws, but of course, I wasn’t going to give a 6 year old a hammer, nails, tig welder, etc…


When I looked over later, he had constructed a motorcycle ramp to his liking without any assistance or instruction. I don’t think I could have propped all those incongruous boards together to make something sturdy to play with. I thought that was pretty neat.




I told him that Uncle Rick wanted to build one at his house too, but it would be larger than the house. He looked at me in a kind of funny way with the “Are you joking” kind of expression, but having met Uncle Rick, he seemed to believe that it just might happen…

No comments: